We had our open house office holiday party last night, and a good time was had by all that showed up. Some photos from the event:
- don’t let the name fool you, we do have original ideas
- obviously our lawyers are pretty good
- a natural blend of geek extract
- we work hard at deciding what’s for lunch
- you can’t afford them, so hire us
- this t-shirt looks better in flash
- this’ll work when it goes live
- vector art in a raster world
- we give you what you want, even if it is a big mistake
- user tested, client approved
- our domain name only looks like a phishing scam
- hand coded with love
- we put a lot of effort into this tagline
- at least our code is clean
- your feedback sucks
- we don’t hate you, just your ideas
- under development, coming soon
- up at the crack of noon for you
- let me ask Tim and call you back
- where would you like to go to lunch today
- does not play well with clients
- real coders do it by hand
- bad client, no code for you
- wasting time then billing you for it
- almost 60 minutes in every billable hour
Checking in from Week #3 of the ‘Stache-Off. This week started off with a surprising turn of events as competitor Jered Smith withdrew from the event, marking our first entry onto the DL. After suffering a Mandibular Follicular Fracture, he will be recovering at an undisclosed clinic in Florida. Taking his place in the competition will be Dan O’Keeffe of O’Keeffe Communications. Be sure to check out Dan’s stats on our Official ‘Stache-Off Page, and give him your support, as he attempts to overturn the competition with ONE WEEK of growth. Good luck, Dan!
One-week into the ‘Stache-Off ’08, and I’m already jealous of all the stachetastic fun the guys are having! *sigh* My sad string cheese faux-stache aside, the GOOD news is: we have competition progress for you! We decided to give the ‘Stache-Off its own events page, so you can easily keep track of your favorite stacheletes. Just in time to help you celebrate the kick-off of the Beijing Summer Games, we bring you the Official Electronic Art ‘Stache-Off ’08 Event Page.
“When I went to the Olympics, I had every intention of shaving the mustache off, but I realized I was getting so many comments about it – and everybody was talking about it – that I decided to keep it. “ – Mark Spitz
Here at Electronic Art, we’re a socially-aware bunch. And just to prove it, we’re supporting the 2008 Beijing Olympics with a little competition of our own – the E.A. ‘Stache-Off ‘08. On August 1st, the handsome men of Electronic Art will shorn themselves back to a natural, moustache-free state and let the growing begin (Guy Dillon has been granted exception in the shaving by the staff as he already has an admirable and stately mustache the likes of which should not be messed with). Each contestant will then grow his (or her? Uhhh … ) facial hair for a duration of 24 consecutive days. No Rogaine, Monoxidil or other hair growth supplements allowed. Random screening for such chemical enhancers will be performed throughout the competition and ‘dopers’ will be disqualified. Judging will be held on August 25th and winners announced by COB on that day. Photographs of the competition will be shared right here on our blog – don’t miss out. Postings will include pre-competition shots as well as interim progress shots and of course, the final judging shots. Winners of the following categories will be announced: change in appearance, style, presentation at judging, and of course the overall best moustache category. If you would like to participate in the E.A. ‘Stache-Off ’08, feel free to submit pre-competition and judging photos for consideration.
“Love is a present that can be given every single day you live.
Learn Chinese: hú zi – mustache. “
-Chinese Fortune Cookie